- n a string of more than 3,000 islands to the east of Asia extending 1,300 miles between the Sea of Japan and the western Pacific Ocean
- n a constitutional monarchy occupying the Japanese Archipelago; a world leader in electronics and automobile manufacture and ship building
- n lacquerware decorated and varnished in the Japanese manner with a glossy durable black lacquer
- n lacquer with a durable glossy black finish, originally from the orient
- v coat with a lacquer, as done in Japan
News & Articles
- Japan to Resume Inflation Bond Sales in October With Guarantees
Japan’s government plans to sell inflation-linked bonds in October, resuming issuance after a five-year hiatus and signaling Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s resolve to spur growth in consumer prices and the economy.
June 14, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Japan Approves Growth Strategy
Japan's cabinet rubber-stamped a set of measures on Friday to boost growth that so far have failed to impress markets.
June 14, 2013 - CNBC
- Japan Cabinet Endorses 'third Arrow' Of Abenomics
Japan's Cabinet on Friday endorsed a long-term growth strategy that has been dubbed as the "third arrow" of economic reforms from the administration of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, according to reports.
June 14, 2013 - FOX Business
- Naoto Kan in Times LIVE
In separate talks with Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper, Kan said the alleged North Korean torpedo attack "is a threat to the peace and stability of the region, including Japan," said Japanese government spokesman Kazuo Kodama.
- Michael Jackson in FOXNews
Japan is one of my favorite places to visit in the world,Jackson told the crowd Thursday, reading from a statement. "I want to thank all of you for making me the biggest-selling artist in Japan."
- John McCain in Boston Globe (registration)
McCain added, "We've been in Japan for 60 years, we've been in South Korea for 50 years or so. That'd be fine with me as long as Americans . . . as long as Americans are not being injured or harmed or wounded or killed, then it's fine with me."