italia : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a republic in southern Europe on the Italian Peninsula; was the core of the Roman Republic and the Roman Empire between the 4th century BC and the 5th century AD
News & Articles
- Vini Fantini races ahead despite continuing doping woes
Mauro Santambrogio won stage 14 at the Giro last month. After the race ended, it was revealed that he failed a test for EPO. Photo: Graham Watson | www.grahamwatson.com Italian-based squad saw two of its riders test positive for EPO before and during the Giro d'Italia last month
June 13, 2013 - Velo News
- Lazio stage mock funeral procession for Roma after beating them in Coppa Italia final
Two weeks ago, Lazio defeated AS Roma in the Coppa Italia final at their shared home, the Stadio Olimpico. Rather than immediately rub the victory into the faces of their fierce Rome rivals, Lazio fans showed the utmost pretend decorum … Continue reading ?
June 10, 2013 - Dirty Tackle via Yahoo! Sports
- Telecom Italia postpones merger talks with Hutchison
Telecom Italia's board has put its merger discussions with Hong Kong-based conglomerate Hutchison Whampoa on hold. The service provider, reports Reuters, said its board did not talk about a deal with Hutchison and that it will discuss the matter at "a future meeting."
June 7, 2013 - FierceTelecom
- Carlos Sastre in International Herald Tribune
To have Lance in front of me and to try to beat him is really nice,Sastre said. "It will be his first Giro d'Italia, and there is where I will have an advantage over him. It is my fourth Giro."