irresistibility : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the quality of being overpowering and impossible to resist
- The legend of old Broadwaywhen stories of poor boys winning the hearts of rich girls served as metaphors for the irresistibility of American ambition, and debonair stars .
- Luis Angel Firpo, Argentine heavyweight boxer, has demonstrated his irresistibility on several notable occasions.
- There's a certain irresistibility to the grande dame of film portraying the grande dame of fashion.
- Tim Gunn in Wall Street Journal
In order to take something off the rack, [a shopper] needs to have an emotional response,Liz Claiborne creative director Tim Gunn says. "There needs to be a quality of irresistibility about the purchase for her to even go to it."