- n doubt concerning two or more possible alternatives or courses of action
- n the trait of being irresolute; lacking firmness of purpose
- Even the indomitable Yeltsin reportedly had a moment of irresolution.
- The Kremlin's current irresolution owes much to him.
- He reveled in irresolution, letting himself drift with the fates -- or so it seemed.
- Joe Lieberman in International Herald Tribune
Senator Joseph I. Lieberman of Connecticut, the independent who sided with Republicans in agreeing not to take up the resolution, called the proposal "a resolution of irresolution," saying it criticized the president's plan but did nothing...
- Kay Granger in New York Times
Following a bit later, Republican Kay Granger of Texas called the bill "a resolution of irresolution."