ionic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the dialect of Ancient Greek spoken and written in Attica and Athens and Ionia
- a containing or involving or occurring in the form of ions
- a of or pertaining to the Ionic order of classical Greek architecture
- a of or relating to Ionia or its inhabitants or its language
- But where the underground profile is jagged with peaks and valleys, the irregular ionic counterparts in the air induce lightning to crash down the ionic ladders.
- The usual cell depends on the ionic action of potassium and hydrogen.
- Trouble is, silver atoms have to be in an ionic (charged) state--as they are in solutions of silver salts--to kill microbes.
News & Articles
- This 'Tornado' Blow Dryer Barrel Will Totally, Uh, Blow Your Mind [VIDEO]
(Photo by Lindsay Schallon/StyleBistro) If blow-drying your own hair feels sort of like a workout —with all that heavy one-arm lifting and waving back and forth and such—say hello to Kiss 's new fast-acting, featherweight tornado technology hair dryer. This ceramic tourmaline ionic dryer helps evenly distribute heat throughout the hair, preventing the risk of heat spot damage, all while ...
June 21, 2013 - StyleBistro
- Encapsulant/Adhesive suits printer head, circuit assembly jobs.
Exhibiting fracture toughness as well as chemical resistance to inks, 357-284 Wire Bond Encapsulant and Flexible Circuit Bonding Adhesive is designed to protect wire bonds and reduce stresses associated with thermal cycling. Product adheres to flexible circuits, FR4, and metal substrates and meets circuit assembly and semiconductor standards for ionic cleanliness (extractable ions) to prevent ...
June 20, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Alexander de Seversky in American Heritage
Ionic drive will prove more efficient than either propeller or jet,de Seversky predicted.
- Richard Thalheimer in Business Wire (press release)
The June sales results continue to reflect previously disclosed softness in three major categories: the slowing of Ionic Breeze Air Purifiers, the slowing of massage chairs, and the discontinuation of the Apple iPod sales,said Richard...
- Denis Noble in Taipei Times
In the heart, for example, Noble says, "the ionic currents are so finely balanced during the slow phases of pacemaker activity that it is inconceivable that nature arrives at the correct expression and activity level without some kind of feedback...