- n sweet smelling yellow solid haloform CHI3
- n a yellowish crystalline solid with a penetrating odor; sometimes used as an antiseptic dressing
- In the 100 years since Lister discovered asepsis, practitioners have hopefully tried phenol, boric acid, picric acid, iodoform, tannic acid, sulfa drugs and ACTH, only to wind up .
- The perfume which penetrates to my heart is that of a hospital corridor, and to the day I die I shall sniffle a bit whenever I sniff iodoform.
- In a wickedly dirty hall smelling of beer slops and iodoform, two men, their seconds, the doctors and judge stood on a sawdust-covered dais.