- v make an inversion (in a musical composition)
here the theme is inverted
- v reverse the position, order, relation, or condition of
- v turn inside out or upside down
- s being in such a position that top and bottom are reversed
a quotation mark is sometimes called an inverted comma
- a (of a plant ovule) completely inverted; turned back 180 degrees on its stalk
- Over the course of the novel we hear the stories of their lives, deaths and afterlives, and Bod's childhood becomes a gothic, inverted Jungle Book: the ghosts teach him things only .
- Hare then steps back until he's standing between a pair of inverted plastic cups on the floor.
- She lay down on the bed, and her svelte leg made an inverted V, framing poor Benjamin Braddock.
News & Articles
- St. Petersburg Pier items up for auction today
The Pier in St. Petersburg may be closed for good, but residents have their last chance today to get a piece of the iconic inverted pyramid. Some unsold merchandise, along with pier benches, store display cabinets and restaurant equipment, will go under the auction hammer today at 10 a.m.
June 11, 2013 - The Tampa Tribune
- LED Wall Pack Luminaires deliver up to 7,416 lumens.
Available in both full cutoff and refractive lens designs, Lumark Crosstour™ MAXX Luminaires include two 50 W and two 85 W configurations to replace 250 W and 400 W metal halide fixtures, respectively. Units come in 3,500 and 5,000 K correlated color temperatures and are suitable for wall/surface, inverted mount, perimeter, and area/site lighting applications. Operating from 120–480 ...
June 11, 2013 - ThomasNet
- St. Pete Pier items going up for auction
Now that the St. Pete Pier has closed, the City of St. Petersburg has no use for the benches, planters, and picnic tables that were found in and around the inverted pyramid. They will all be auctioned off Tuesday.
June 10, 2013 - ABC Action News Tampa Bay
- Jim Swire in Times Online
Financial 'compensation' must remain in its inverted commas. Money cannot buy our families back,Dr Swire wrote in the Glasgow Herald. "I just wish that the needs of the relatives, namely a thirst for the truth and for justice, would be...
- Tony Abbott in Sydney Morning Herald
The transcript shows that Mr Abbott said: "I accept that certain protections (in inverted commas) are not what they were. That whole raft of regulation expressed in awards that sometimes ran into hundreds, even thousands of pages, I accept that that...
- Aishwarya Rai in Indiainfo.com (subscription)
It wasn't about an attitude I had, or any inverted ideas about working overseas, it was simply about scheduling. I just didn`t have the time, confirms the actress.