- v come between so as to be hindrance or obstacle
Your talking interferes with my work!
- v get involved, so as to alter or hinder an action, or through force or threat of force
- China's assertion that it doesn't interfere in other countries' internal affairs has always suited the country's leaders for two reasons: it allows China to do business in places .
- They should not interfere in our affairs.
- International pressure is building on Karzai to interfere in the judicial process and free Rahman.
News & Articles
- Mothers Who Smoke While Pregnant Put Kids at Risk of Substance Abuse
Exposure to cigarette smoke in the womb may interfere with the brain‘s reward system, and make children more vulnerable to addictions. According to the Centers for Disease Control, 13% of women say they smoked during the last three months of their pregnancy, despite studies that have correlated lighting up with an increased risk of birth defects and heart trouble for their children. Now, a new ...
June 20, 2013 - Wellness
- Health groups oppose Wisconsin bill barring gun inquiries
Health organizations say a Wisconsin bill that would prohibit doctors from asking patients whether they own guns would interfere with the doctor-patient relationship.
June 20, 2013 - Pioneer Press
- Bill would prohibit docs from asking patients about guns
Health organizations said a Wisconsin bill that would prohibit doctors from asking patients whether they own guns would interfere with the doctor-patient relationship. The bill was proposed last week by Republican Rep. Michael Schraa, according to a Wisconsin State Journal report. Schraa said the decision to own a firearm is a personal one, and that patients shouldn't be subject to harassment ...
June 19, 2013 - WISC-TV Madison
- Gordon Brown in Telegraph.co.uk
Gordon Brown argued that, because Scottish judicial issues are devolved, his Government "could not interfere and had no control over the final outcome".
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
On Ahmadinejad's demand Thursday for an apology, Obama said, "I don't take Mr. Ahmadinejad's statements seriously about apologies, particularly given the fact that the United States has gone out of its way not to interfere with the election process...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Wall Street Journal
But our pressing on those issues can't interfere with the global economic crisis, the global climate-change crisis and the security crisis,Mrs. Clinton said. "We have to have a dialogue that leads to an understanding and cooperation on...