- a of financial obligations on which interest is paid
- Whatever system eventually prevails, interest-bearing checking will spur another round of bank competition for new business and bite into bank profits.
- Three weeks ago Brower heard of a law which requires the Government to advance premiums for two years (in the form of interest-bearing certificates) on life insurance up to $5,000 .
- But they are no substitute for secure interest-bearing investments.
News & Articles
- Class-action suit cost taxpayers $2.65 million, but so far has no takers
Owners of interest-bearing property that was surrendered to the state of Louisiana can get back the money it would have earned while it was in the state's grasp, according to an announcement to be made by Treasurer John Kennedy on...
Aug. 30, 2013 - New Orleans Times-Picayune
- Here Are Your Best CD Strategies as Rates Rise
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Interest rates on the 10-year U.S. Treasury note have soared above 2.8% after hitting a low of less than 2% in the spring, symbolizing a rate trend many expect to continue. So, finally, it's a good time to put money into interest-bearing products such as certificates of deposit, right? Well, maybe, but not to earn interest. CD rates remain pitifully low, ranging from 0 ...
Aug. 29, 2013 - TheStreet.com
- Zero Worship: Credit-Card Firms Compete With No-Interest Transfers
The goal of the 0% teasers is to reel in new customers with the lure of not paying interest on current balances, and then get them to rack up interest-bearing charges on new purchases.
Aug. 26, 2013 - The Wall Street Journal via Yahoo! Finance