intention : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions
good intentions are not enough
- n (usually plural) the goal with respect to a marriage proposal
his intentions are entirely honorable
- n an act of intending; a volition that you intend to carry out
my intention changed once I saw her
- But G20 leaders put no specific numbers on the table, just a vague statement of intention that did little to clarify murky global climate negotiations: "Public and private .
- Says in statement: "Last week I communicated to Senator Obama and his presidential campaign my firm intention to remain in the United States Senate.
- pondering by observers can stop, as attorney for explains that intention of was not "to malign Gates racially" but was merely "a characterization of the actions of that man".
News & Articles
- Apple's videos from WWDC 2013 keynote: 'Intention,' 'Our Signature'
Apple has made two of the videos from yesterday's WWDC 2013 keynote available on YouTube. The first is the video that launched the keynote event, titled "Intention." The new advertisement that began showing last night, touting Apple's signature "Designed by Apple in California," is also available for online viewing. The narration with the ad is lyrical and makes the point that the company ...
June 11, 2013 - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
- Enbridge Energy Partners, L.P. Announces Plans for Initial Public Offering of Natural Gas and NGL Midstream Master ...
Enbridge Energy Partners, L.P. announced today its intention to file a registration statement on Form S-1 with respect to the initial public offering of Midcoast Energy Partners, L.P. , a proposed master ...
June 11, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- NSA Leaker Comes Forward: ‘I Have No Intention Of Hiding Who I Am Because I Have Done Nothing Wrong’
The Guardian has revealed , at his request, the identity of the source behind the largest leak in NSA history. "I have no intention of hiding who I am because I know I have done nothing wrong," said Edward Snowden , a 29-year-old former employee of the CIA who has spent the last four years working with the NSA in conjunction with various defense contractors.
June 9, 2013 - Mediaite
- Ted Thompson in Taipei Times
Brett Favre has informed us of his intention to retire from the Green Bay Packers and the NFL,Thompson said.
- Barack Obama in New York Times
In releasing these memos, it is our intention to assure those who carrying out their duties relying in good faith upon the legal advice from the Department of Justice that they will not be subject to prosecution,Mr. Obama said in a statement...
- Mike Garrett in ESPN (blog)
I have spoken with Mr. Baxter and he has now confirmed that he did not receive a call from your institution,Garrett wrote to Moore. "Therefore, USC has no intention of pursuing this matter further. I apologize for any inconvenience or...