integrative : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a combining and coordinating diverse elements into a whole
- s tending to consolidate
- Fascinated by Eastern philosophies on spirituality, the longtime yoga devotee is now consumed with exploring the world of integrative medicine, an emerging field that combines .
- Call it "alternative," "complementary," "integrative" or "holistic" medicine.
- He is also co-founder and president of Nomadocs, a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting community-based integrative medicine in under-served regions worldwide.
News & Articles
- Teaching complete evolutionary stories increases learning
( American Institute of Biological Sciences ) Evolution is often thought to be a difficult subject to teach. A novel teaching approach in which undergraduates studied two integrative evolutionary scenarios all the way from the molecular level via the genetic and organismal levels to the population level improved the students' ability to explain and describe evolutionary principles. The results ...
June 15, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Deep Breaths: The Evolution Of Diving Mammals
April Flowers for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online A new study led by the University of Liverpool sheds new light on how diving mammals, such as the sperm whale, have evolved to be able to submerge for long periods underwater without breathing. The international team, led by Dr. Michael Berenbrink , from the University's Institute of Integrative Biology, identified a distinctive molecular ...
June 14, 2013 - redOrbit
- Dr. Rose Haisler named interim EMS medical director
PEORIA — Officials named an interim EMS medical director for the Peoria area on Tuesday. Dr. Rose Haisler will replace Dr. Cheryl Colbenson, who resigned from the position Monday, effective July 1. Colbenson resigned from the position after five years to complete an integrative medicine fellowship.
June 12, 2013 - Peoria Journal Star
- LK Advani in Hindu
We should emphasise that our party seeks the all-round development and participation of minorities in a non-divisive and integrative agenda without recourse to appeasement or religion-based reservations,Advani said.
- Tom Harkin in Washington Post
At a Senate committee hearing on integrative medicine held Feb. 26, Harkin said: "I want to lay down a . . . marker: If we fail to seize this unique opportunity to adopt a pragmatic, integrative approach to health care, then that, too, would...
- Wayne Clough in International Herald Tribune
We are pleased to be associated with an industry leader like IdeaSphere, and we are confident this new arrangement will expand our access to consumers interested in incorporating the products and healing modalities of integrative medicine into a... Andrew Weil http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Weil&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF4KRX1i30imR_4mXKll5zlKDtsNg PR Newswire (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://sev.prnewswire.com/supplementary-medicine/20060117/DCTU06017012006-1.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH6aYal8aviVLWEk-UboqrZgcpeuA Jan 17, 2006
52633 69793 integrator Clough, 66, called the institution a treasure" and "a great integrator of knowledge" from different subject areas.