insulin : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n hormone secreted by the isles of Langerhans in the pancreas; regulates storage of glycogen in the liver and accelerates oxidation of sugar in cells
- For a quarter-century, insulin has been the widely used, highly touted treatment for diabetes.
- From Berlin last week came another report of an alternative to insulin in the treatment of diabetes.
- Last week the great problem of taking insulin orally was reported about overcome.
News & Articles
- Insulin Degludec Lowers Risk of Recurrent Low Blood Sugar or Has Similar Risk to Insulin Glargine
Insulin degludec (Tresiba), a new ultra-long-acting insulin, has a similar or reduced risk of recurrent hypoglycemia--low blood sugar--compared with the commercially available insulin glargine, a new meta-analysis study finds. Results of the combined analysis, of five completed clinical trials, will be presented Tuesday at The Endocrine Society's 95th Annual Meeting in San Francisco.
June 18, 2013 - Newswise
- Global Insulin Delivery Devices Market Forecast to 2017
NEW YORK, June 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue: Global Insulin Delivery Devices Market Forecast to 2017 http://www.reportlinker.com/p01360862/Global-Insulin-Delivery-Devices-Market-Forecast-to-2017.html#utm_source=prnewswire&utm_medium=pr&utm_campaign=Drug_Delivery_Technology ...
June 18, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Insulin resistance linked to weaker bones
Reduced effectiveness of the hormone insulin, or insulin resistance, is associated with weakened bones, a clinical study shows. The results were presented Sunday at The Endocrine Society's 95th Annual Meeting in San Francisco.
June 17, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Barack Obama in KHON2
To regenerate a severed spinal cord and lift someone from a wheelchair. to spur insulin production and spare a child from a lifetime of needles,said President Obama.
- Dwain Chambers in International Herald Tribune
I wasn't just on THG, EPO and HGH, but testosterone to help with sleep and reduce cholesterol,Chambers writes in the second installment published Tuesday in the Daily Mail. "I was also injecting insulin, three units into the lower part of...
- Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw in Hindu
AxiCorp is a key strategic investment for Biocon as it heralds our European foray for biosimilars like Recombinant Human Insulin,Mazumdar-Shaw said, adding that the acquisition would help Biocon build strong marketing and distribution...