inland : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a situated away from an area's coast or border
- r towards or into the interior of a region
the town is five miles inland
- Some day the country will undoubtedly dig itself an adequate steamer channel connecting the Atlantic with its inland seas, the Great Lakes.
- One such engagement was the battle for the town of Butera, eight miles inland from Gela.
- Now the Gulf has advanced some 20 miles (32 km) inland, thanks in large part to the Army Corps.
News & Articles
- Inland Empire seeing relief in housing market
Homeowners in the Inland Empire are seeing some relief in the housing market. In fact, many are no longer 'underwater.'
June 13, 2013 - KABC-TV Los Angeles
- Inland Real Estate Corp's Series A Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock Yield Pushes Past 8%
In trading on Wednesday, shares of Inland Real Estate Corp's 8.125% Series A Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Stock (NYSE: IRC.PRA) were yielding above the 8% mark based on its monthly dividend (annualized to $2.0313), with shares changing hands as low as $25.25 on the day. This compares to an average yield of 6.39% in the "Real Estate" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock ...
June 12, 2013 - Forbes
- Inland Empire Trio Makes All Star Team
San Bernardino, CA – The Inland Empire 66ers will have three players working over the All Star break with Zach Borenstein, Mark Sappington and Alex Yarbrough having been selected to represent their team and the California League in the annual California-Carolina League All Star Game.
June 12, 2013 - Highland Community News
- John Hammond in International Herald Tribune
It's not often you get winds of that sort of strength that far inland,said John Hammond, the spokesman for Britain's weather office.
- Robert Gates in Washington Post
Captain Frank Corder of Texas stepped onto the beach and, as bullets and bombs whizzed by, said, `This is no place for Mrs. Corder's little boy Frank,'Gates said. "Ahead of Mrs. Corder's little boy and all the troops pushing inland still...
- Ken Bates in Times Online
Our bid is the original deal that was done in the meeting of creditors when we placed the Company Voluntary Agreement on June 1,Bates said. "We have amended it twice to try and meet the Inland Revenue's objections."