- n the infrared region of the electromagnetic spectrum; electromagnetic wave frequencies below the visible range
they could sense radiation in the infrared
- n electromagnetic radiation with wavelengths longer than visible light but shorter than radio waves
- s having or employing wavelengths longer than light but shorter than radio waves; lying outside the visible spectrum at its red end
- The B-2 is hard to detect via infrared, acoustic, electromagnetic, visual or radar signals.
- The necklace sends image files via infrared.
- In recent years attempts have been made to use infrared radiation (invisible vibration longer in wave length than visible light) to help fog-wrapped ships at sea.
News & Articles
- Infrared LEDs suit remote controls and touch panels.
With 1.2 mm height, IR26-71C Series consists of 940 nm side-view SMD infrared LEDs with radiant intensity of 5 mW/sr and 8 mW/sr or more at 20 mA. Viewing angle of 50° ensures that remote control does not need to be directly pointed towards receiving device. Based on similar package design, IR26-61C IRLEDs have 1.2 mm height and viewing angle of 20° for use in 5–32 in. optical touch panel ...
June 12, 2013 - ThomasNet
- DRS Technologies' Student Infrared Imaging competition officially underway with new viral video category
ARLINGTON, Va., June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- DRS Technologies, Inc., a Finmeccanica Company, announced that its 2013 Student Infrared Imaging Competition is officially underway. The competition, now ...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Daylight Solutions Announces Licensing of Mid-infrared Technology to Corning, Inc.
Daylight Solutions, Inc. announced today that it has entered into a license agreement with industry leader Corning Incorporated for access to Daylight’s patented mid-infrared technology.
June 10, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Charles Townes in Science Daily (press release)
Using near-infrared light for the induction of hyperthermia is particularly attractive because living tissues do not strongly absorb radiation in this range. Once the carbon nanotubes have bound to the tumor cells, an external source of... Ellen Vitetta http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellen_Vitetta&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFTXzQBACxBxpqykEMA53YMG5ELSQ Thaindian.com (blog) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/india-news/new-method-may-help-cook-cancer-cells_10061078.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH--B1zjYAdhVo3yN8SHL3o1DP9jQ Jun 17, 2008
51724 69161 infrared We observe around 11 microns, the mid-infrared, where this long wavelength penetrates the dust and the narrow bandwidth avoids any spectral lines, and so we see the star relatively undistorted," said Townes. "We have also had the good...
- M Annadurai in Economic Times
Chandrayaan-1 aims to achieve these objectives through high resolution of the moon in the visible, near infrared, microwave and x-ray regions of the electromagnetic spectrum,mission director M. Annadurai told IANS.