- v impart knowledge of some fact, state or affairs, or event to
I informed him of his rights
- v give character or essence to
The principles that inform modern teaching
- v act as an informer
She had informed on her own parents for years
- Ali revealed that Ayeri had visited Ayman Zawahiri in January 2003, to inform him of a plot to attack the New York City subway system using cyanide gas.
- Just hours before the lunch, the church's "national trial counsel," Earle Cooley, called to inform me that I would be eating alone.
- Her anthropological research into how real people worked helped inform the policies set by the Bank Rakyat Indonesia, says Patten, an economist who worked there.
News & Articles
- CDC: 1-in-12 Asian-Americans, Pacific Islanders have hepatitis B
ATLANTA, June 12 (UPI) -- Know Hepatitis B is a U.S. multilingual public information campaign to inform Asian-Americans and Pacific Islanders to be tested for hepatitis B, officials say.
June 12, 2013 - UPI
- TX Bill Would Require Hotels to Inform Guests about Gun Control Policies
A Texas bill would require hotels in the Lone Star State to inform prospective customers about their gun control policies. Failure to do so would be a misdemeanor crime punishable by up to $100 in fines. Sponsored by State Rep. Ryan Guillen, HB 333 would require hotels that limit possession, storage or transportation of firearms to notify would-be guests on the website or when guests make ...
June 11, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Video: Cloaking Device Makes a Cat Disappear
We wish to inform you that we have disappeared your cat. And your fish. Scientists in Singapore and China have crafted a cloaking device that works in natural light, and they’ve recorded videos of animals disappearing inside it. You wouldn’t want to wear it, though.
June 11, 2013 - Wired News
- Barack Obama in The Guardian
I will meet the chairman of BP and inform him that he is to set aside whatever resources are required to compensate the workers and business owners who have been harmed as a result of his company's recklessness,said Obama in the televised...
- Cristiano Ronaldo in Sydney Morning Herald
It is with great joy and emotion that I inform I have recently become father to a baby boy,the 25-year-old unmarried Ronaldo wrote on his website. "As agreed with the baby's mother, who prefers to have her identity kept confidential, my...
- Nancy Pelosi in Bloomberg
My criticism of the manner in which the Bush administration did not appropriately inform Congress is separate from my respect for those in the intelligence community who work to keep our country safe,Pelosi said.