infinitude : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an infinite quantity
- n the quality of being infinite; without bound or limit
- To Martians, however, it is not a number at all but a statement; indeed, to them it declares the infinitude of primes as transparently as that set of 34 letters constituting six .
- No process that unfolds over such long stretches of time (mostly, in this case, before humans appeared), or at an infinitude beneath our powers of direct visualization (subatomic .
- For those who wish to pursue the investigation more intimately, Manila has an infinitude of dance halls and brothels.
- Mark Twain in Arizona Republic
About which Mark Twain said, in his book Letters from the Earth: "I have never understood how a 'just' God could expect his creatures to pick the one true religion out of an infinitude of false ones by faith alone. It strikes me as a sloppy way to...