infarct : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n localized necrosis resulting from obstruction of the blood supply
- The boy died when 18 hours old, and the autopsy showed two areas of infarction, one of which was so massive as to involve half the heart's lower left chamber.
- Even a mild thrombosis and occlusion nearly always causes some infarction, though it may be an extension of an old scar.
- It depends in part on the size of the infarct (it can vary from small marble size to the size of half a tennis ball); the larger the infarct, the more strain is put on the heart.
News & Articles
- Learn The Basics
Symptoms Of Dementia Symptoms of dementia emerge slowly, worsen over time and restrict your ability to function. Causes Of Dementia Dementia can be caused by a number of diseases, but the three most common are Alzheimer's disease, multi-infarct (or vascular) dementia and Lewy body disease.
Aug. 13, 2013 - InteliHealth
- David Koch in The Australian
The final issue the panel is going to discuss is the patient at high risk of myocardial infarct (heart attack) requiring medical intervention for their osteoarthritis,Koch says, according to the script.