- s defying expression or description
- s too sacred to be uttered
the ineffable name of the Deity
- There is no sure formula for a movie to be a hit, it is a combination of factors both empirical and ineffable.
- "If the software's internal logic is so ineffable, why does it keep crashing?" asked the exasperated customer.
- The beauty of the place so struck me that I was at a loss for words. It was absolutely ineffable.
News & Articles
- Heritage And Hospitality In India's Ancient 'Pink City'
The name 'India' conjures up clear, contrasting images in the mind of any traveler, whether or not they've ever been there to see it: the Taj Mahal, slums, royal palaces or ineffable poverty. Given the realities of a country so massive and overpopulated, vast extremes are at every turn - but as I learned firsthand, being there is, in a word, purifying.
June 19, 2013 - Forbes
- Kickstarting: An Elaborate Bank Heist In The Heart Of L.A.
Ilona Gaynor is planning a slew of robberies and calling it art. There’s an ineffable beauty in a well-planned heist. At its best, it’s proof that shrewd problem-solving can prevail against seemingly insurmountable challenges--and in that way, they’re very much like any good design work. But while most of us leave such endeavors to the Thomas Crownes and Danny Oceans of the world (or their own ...
June 18, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- This is what happens when a plane is landing and the runway disappears
Now you see it. Soon, you won't. (Credit: douglesso/YouTube Screenshot by Chris Matyszczyk/CNET) I would no sooner pilot a plane than marry a fish. So I am always reassured when the voice from the cockpit is one of ineffable calm. Sometimes, though, pilots must be suffering nervous conniptions when the weather turns on them and, say, the runway disappears as they are landing. This quite ...
June 15, 2013 - CNET