- n a member of the prehistoric people who spoke Proto-Indo European
- n the family of languages that by 1000 BC were spoken throughout Europe and in parts of southwestern and southern Asia
- a of or relating to the Indo-European language family
- a of or relating to the former Indo-European people
News & Articles
- India's Last Telegram Will Be Sent in July
A stamp for the Indo-European Telegraph, circa 1967 (Shutterstock/ rook76 ) In 1850, the British inventor William O'Shaughnessy -- who would later become famous for his early experiments with medical cannabis ...
June 17, 2013 - The Atlantic via Yahoo! Finance
- The greening of the West
West is just a point on the compass, there to the left as you face north. But throughout history, the west has been associated with freedom and fresh starts. Explorers, dreamers, iconoclasts, and opportunity seekers have always followed the sun. The west has tugged at the imagination since the earliest epochs of Indo-European migration.
June 17, 2013 - Christian Science Monitor via Yahoo! News
- Johns Hopkins in Times Online
Aravinda Chakravarti, of Johns Hopkins School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland, wrote in a commentary for Nature: "Greater ANI ancestry is significantly associated with Indo-European speakers and with traditionally 'higher' caste membership. This...