- n a number or ratio (a value on a scale of measurement) derived from a series of observed facts; can reveal relative changes as a function of time
- n a signal for attracting attention
- n a device for showing the operating condition of some system
- n (chemistry) a substance that changes color to indicate the presence of some ion or substance; can be used to indicate the completion of a chemical reaction or (in medicine) to test for a particular reaction
- Fire Marshals, global warming, nostalgia these are just a few of the indicators and factors that will help determine the outcome of the nation's first primary.
- The number of these follicles is a good indicator of a woman's fertility, since they house maturing eggs.
- Video game sales are an excellent economic indicator, and they are not doing well.
News & Articles
- Indicator sees Nebraska's growth sputtering
Economic indicators that predict future growth in the state's economy failed in May to build on the solid growth seen in April, a University of Nebraska-Lincoln economist said.
June 23, 2013 - Omaha World-Herald
- Nebraska economic indicator rises
The Leading Economic Indicator-Nebraska rose by 0.09 percent in May. A composite index of six economic reports, the indicator is designed to predict economic growth six months into the future. The indicator is produced by faculty and students in the Department of Economics and Bureau of Business Research at the UNL College of Business Administration.
June 21, 2013 - Lincoln Journal Star
- New Housing Indicator In Town - And It's Different
There's a new housing indicator in town. Before your eyes glaze over with housing-analysis fatigue, listen up: This report is different. The Nevada Department of Business & Industry on Thursday unveiled its first Nevada Housing Stability Index, a report
June 20, 2013 - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Xi Jinping in San Jose Mercury News
A safe Olympics is the biggest indicator of the success of the games,Xi, tasked with supervising overall Olympic preparations, said in a speech at the Great Hall of the People, the seat of China's legislature.
- Harry Reid in Newsday
McCain's statement today that withdrawing troops doesn't matter is a crystal-clear indicator that he just doesn't get the grave national security consequences of staying the course,Reid said in a statement. "Osama bin Laden is freely...
- Greg Norman in San Jose Mercury News
It was an indicator for me that I was as nervous as I felt,Norman said.