- n a joke that is appreciated only by members of some particular group of people
- The self-referential, language-besotted, in-joke-packed love child of The Simpsons and Christopher Guest movies, AD never forgot the needy human core in its family of freakstoxic .
- It started as an in-joke among feline-friendly bloggers: why not post pictures of their cats every Friday afternoon? Friday catblogging became a hit, and soon even NASA was playing .
- Calling the first one easy is an in-joke: it is easy in the sense that curing cancer or sending someone to Mars is easy.
News & Articles
- Terry Bradshaw Drops The F-Word on Fox Football Daily [Video]
Fox’s favorite NFL analyst, Terry Bradshaw, found himself at the center of some controversy, after he dropped the F-word, in all its glory, during a commercial break. The in-joke between Bradshaw and co-host Jimmy Johnson was caught on camera during one of the shows “sneak peaks,” which it gives from time to time, showing what... Read more » Terry Bradshaw Drops The F-Word on Fox Football Daily ...
Sept. 15, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Ian Rankin in Glasgow Daily Record
Ian explained: "It was a bit of an in-joke. I had put one of my friends who also worked in the bar into the book as a doctor. So John said if he was going to be in it he would have to be his boss, so I invented Professor Gates. I think he enjoyed it...
- Stewart Copeland in Miami Herald
Fortunately, my bandmates have a good sense of humor,Copeland says, laughing. "It's kind of an in-joke with people who visit that site that I always give myself scathing reviews. It's all in good fun. No vitriol. My buddies, they know me."
- Ray Nagin in CNN
When Thursday talks about her version of The Eyre Affair, it's completely different and she doesn't like it, but at the end of the book we discover that perhaps things aren't going to stay that way forever, so there's a bit of an in-joke... Jasper Fforde http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jasper_Fforde&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEMKv_YmudmmwwCGNj-x3OC5CbfDg The Australian http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22400199-5001986,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF1Bnz9r5vj1Qq0R9hnAsnZPcfK6Q Sep 14, 2007
50322 68104 in-law I'd probably call Gustav, instead of the mother of all storms, maybe the mother-in-law or the ugly sister of all storms," Nagin said.