- n a sudden inward collapse
the implosion of a light bulb
- n the initial occluded phase of a stop consonant
- But losses on World Savings' loan portfolio led to the implosion of Wachovia, which was sold under duress late last year to Wells Fargo.
- One of the enduring mysteries about the implosion of John McCain's campaign for the 2008 Republican nomination is why his highly paid handlers thought they could take a candidate .
- Given the troubled state of the economy and the near implosion of America's financial industry, the most watched appointment of Barack Obama's cabinet will be his pick to lead the .
News & Articles
- Spielberg foresees 'implosion' of film industry
Many movie fans consider director Steven Spielberg a visionary -- but his most recent vision is one of doom for the movie industry. During remarks at the University of Southern California Wednesday, Spielberg predicted the "implosion" of the film industry, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Things could get so bad, according to Spielberg, that "you're gonna have to pay $25 for the next 'Iron ...
June 14, 2013 - Local 6 Orlando
- Steven Spielberg: Big tickets, big budgets make film industry 'implosion' imminent
Movie ticket prices have long been a subject of grumbling among theater-goers, who have balked (but paid) for years as admissions rose ever higher into the double digits. But as two of Hollywood's leading directors recently noted in a panel discussion, it's likely to get a lot worse -- and ultimately will change the industry forever."There's eventually going to be an implosion -- or a big ...
June 14, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Electrical malfunction causes implosion on Scottdale street
By Tribune-Review Evan Sanders | Tribune-Review ‘Implosion’ causes power interruption in Scottdale West Penn Power Co. said 27 customers in Scottdale lost their electrical service just after ...
June 13, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News
- Dianne Feinstein in USA Today
To blame one man for the financial implosion is simply wrong,Feinstein said. "Ben Bernanke has been helpful to the recovery and, for reasons of stability and continuity, should be reconfirmed."
- Terry Holland in The Tennessean
Conference USA is rapidly preparing to compete for the remaining Big 12 members if the meltdown continues to a full implosion,East Carolina Athletics Director Terry Holland wrote.
- Willie Nelson in FOXBusiness
I saw those towers fall and I've seen an implosion in Las Vegas -- there's too much similarities between the two, and I saw a building fall that didn't get hit by nothing,added Nelson, referring to WTC Building 7, which collapsed in the late...