imperfect : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a tense of verbs used in describing action that is on-going
- a not perfect; defective or inadequate
had only an imperfect understanding of his responsibilities
drainage here is imperfect
- s wanting in moral strength, courage, or will; having the attributes of man as opposed to e.g. divine beings
- Certainly, he has often said that he'll likely be an imperfect President, but he is a good man, a smart man, a disciplined soul who balances temperance with determination and .
- Through conflicted Captain Furillo, abrasive Buntz and biting-prone Belker, Hill Street showed us imperfect cops delivering imperfect justice in an imperfect world--and did it to .
- Acknowledging how disingenuous that would have been, and how craven, Obama instead pulled Wright back and re-owned him, saying, "As imperfect as he may be, he has been like .
News & Articles
- Video: 2014 Aston Martin Vanquish: An Aston Owner's Review
For the last 9 years, I've owned a first-generation Aston Martin Vanquish. And, though it does come standard with some supercar foibles and what may be the world's second-worst transmission (the Smart Car is still solidly #1), it has been a wonderful vehicle, provider of more smiles per hour than one ever needs, even imperfect as it is. I am thoroughly convinced that, though it's not worth much ...
June 12, 2013 - Jalopnik
- The myth of a pro-tenant city
There are always bad tenants. Always will be. Human interactions are imperfect, and renting out a room in your flat or a flat under your apartment to a stranger is always a bit of a gamble.
June 11, 2013 - San Francisco Bay Guardian
- Leak risk: Security clearances
The process for finding trustworthy men and women is intense -- but imperfect.
June 11, 2013 - Politico
- Sarah Palin in FOXNews
Down in the polls, Alaska Governor Sarah Palin told donors in Colorado that Obama "is someone who sees America it seems as being so imperfect, imperfect enough that he's palling around with terrorists who would target their own country."
- John McCain in Philadelphia Daily News
They've seen me put our country before any President - before any party - before any special interest - before my own interest,McCain said. "They might think me an imperfect servant of our country, which I surely am. But I am her servant...
- Barack Obama in AFP
These outstanding men and women represent an incredible diversity of backgrounds,Obama said in a statement. "Yet they share one overarching trait: each has been an agent of change. Each saw an imperfect world and set about improving it,...