- a unable to develop a normal immune response usually because of malnutrition or immunodeficiency or immunosuppressive therapy
- High-risk groups small children, the elderly, pregnant women and the immunocompromised require special precautions.
- I tried to impress upon her father the urgency of the situation, the full import of such an immunocompromised state, the dire need for ARVS, urging him to return as soon as .
- High-risk groups--small children, the elderly, pregnant women and the immunocompromised--require special precautions.
News & Articles
- Study builds dossier on JC polyomavirus
( Brown University ) A new study shows that common mutant forms of the deadly JC polyomavirus are not responsible for the pathogen's main attack, which causes a brain-damaging disease in immunocompromised patients called progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy. But that finding raises the ominous question of what the mutants might be up to instead.
June 11, 2013 - EurekAlert!