idealize : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v consider or render as ideal
She idealized her husband after his death
- v form ideals
Man has always idealized
- Like steak-house owners trying to raise vegetarians, we idealize youth and sexiness but recoil if our young want to be sexy.
- It's a stand-in for what we idealize and desire yet fear and lack, for what we covet, crave, spurn, chase or follow.
- Moreover, he constantly achieves, with no sacrifice of conscientious sincerity, that compromise between a love of realism and the tendency to idealize which is one of the most .
- Taylor Hackford in Washington Post
I think when you're young you tend to idealize the love relationship,the 65-year-old director says. "You're looking for the perfect combination. Unfortunately, I don't think that happens."
- Dmitry Medvedev in RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty
We capitalized on the Soviet opportunities for too long. At a certain point they came to an end. We have lost the previous Soviet [sports] school, and we don't need to idealize it. It simply doesn't exist anymore,Medvedev said. "And yet we...
- Ian Tyson in Winnipeg Sun
A lot of (other songwriters) idealize it, and I don't -- that's the difference,says Tyson, a multiple Juno winner and an inductee into both the Order of Canada and the Canadian Country Music Hall of Fame. "A lot of the stuff you hear at...