icebound : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s locked in by ice
- We hate your icebound coast! Of all the countries in the world .
- The mountain, called the Troll Castle, is an unearthly fin of weathered granite that pokes a vertical mile from its icebound surroundings.
- Amundsen's icebound trail, full of shallows, swirling currents and subject to sudden storms has since been followed by only three or four ships.
News & Articles
- Rescued Antarctic passengers resume journey home
CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — An Australian icebreaker carrying 52 passengers who were retrieved from an icebound ship in the Antarctic resumed its journey home on Saturday, leaving behind another two icebreakers trapped in pack ice.
Jan. 4, 2014 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Rescued Antarctic passengers resume journey home despite Chinese ship remaining stuck in ice
An Australian icebreaker carrying 52 passengers who were retrieved from an icebound ship in the Antarctic resumed its journey home on Saturday, leaving behind two other icebreakers still trapped in pack ice.
Jan. 4, 2014 - Fox News
Media coverage of the icebound Russian research ship MV Akademik Shokalskiy shows how 100 years of technology has changed our world, yet nature can still rule.
Jan. 3, 2014 - Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Elizabeth von Arnim in Seattle Times
Yesterday by way of a change,wrote Von Arnim, "we went for a picnic to the shores of the Baltic, icebound at this season, and utterly desolate at our nearest point. I have a weakness for picnics, especially in winter, when mosquitoes cease...