hypocrite : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he or she does not hold in order to conceal his or her real feelings or motives
- Godse: Gandhi was a hypocrite.
- Their supporters battled over which man was an infidel and which a hypocrite.
- He who denies this is a hypocrite.
News & Articles
- President Obama Called War Criminal In Irish Parliament
President Obama is a “war criminal” and the “hypocrite of the century,” an Irish politician claimed in a fiery speech before the country’s Parliament. Irish politician Clare Daly addressed Parliament after the conclusion of the G8 summit in Northern Ireland, ripping Irish Prime Minister (Taoiseach) Enda Kenny for embracing Obama, who she said was violating... Read more » President Obama Called ...
June 22, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Hypocrite Pie recipe (with apricots or peaches)
Both my great-grandmothers on my mother's side of the family made their versions of Hypocrite Pie, which makes this one of my favorite family heirloom recipes. It's called Hypocrite Pie because a layer of custard conceals the layer of cooked...
June 20, 2013 - New Orleans Times-Picayune
- Rush Limbaugh: Gay Marriage Marks Decline of Traditional Values, Not His Four Marriages
This week, Rush Limbaugh has been highlighted as a hypocrite for being married four times and still having the gaul to condemn same-sex marriage as the inevitable downfall of traditional marriage and gateway to pedophilia. According the right-wing radio host, advocates of traditional marriage should hang up their hats because the fight is over as gay Americans will undoubtedly share the same ...
June 20, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Paul Weyrich in New York Times
Paul Weyrich, a founder of the modern conservative movement, said: "Unless he comes out with an abject repudiation of this, I think it makes him out to be a hypocrite. And if he totally repudiates this, you have to ask, on what grounds?"
- Kate Winslet in BBC News
Through her solicitor, Ms Winslet said: "I am delighted that this matter has been resolved, and the record set straight. I am not a hypocrite. I have always been, and shall continue to be, honest when it comes to body/weight issues."
- Bill Cowher in USA Today
In all honesty, I hope I don't coach again. I have no plans to do it,said Cowher, in Los Angeles to promote DirecTV's NFL Sunday Ticket. "I don't ever want to say never. I don't want to be a hypocrite. But I have no plans to coach again...