hypocrisy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an expression of agreement that is not supported by real conviction
- n insincerity by virtue of pretending to have qualities or beliefs that you do not really have
- To change the law now that there is a Democrat in the governor's office smacks of hypocrisy, they said.
- It may seem like yet another example of Washington hypocrisy, but the Obama Administration insists there is no contradiction between its words and actions.
- When Kesey decided to take on the hypocrisy, cruelty and enforced conformity of modern life, he dug into his own experiences as a test subject in a mental hospital.
News & Articles
- Tim Rutten: Domestic spying rages unchecked in post-9/11 world
Hypocrisy,according to Rochefaucauld's famous maxim, "is the homage vice pays to virtue." If that's true, then the reverence President Barack Obama and his aides hold for Americans' civil liberties knows no bounds.
June 17, 2013 - Los Angeles Daily News
- Letters: Stop the witch hunt
Republican hypocrisy constantly stuns me. NSA spying: PRISM began under Bush, who also brought us the Patriot Act,...
June 17, 2013 - Deseret News
- Glacial pace at Merion suggests the USGA is in no hurry to change
By John HugganARDMORE, Pa. -- The irony is inescapable. Or should that be hypocrisy? In the same week it announced its much-ballyhooed attack on slow play, "While We're Young," the USGA has made itself something of a laughingstock by presenting America's national championship on a course covered with long grass and greens running between 13 and 13.5 on the stimpmeter.(Photo by Getty Images ...
June 15, 2013 - GolfDigest.com via Yahoo! Sports
- Benjamin Netanyahu in Telegraph.co.uk
Once again, Israel faces hypocrisy and a biased rush to judgment,Mr Netanyahu said as he defended the actions of Israeli marines who, he said, fired in self-defence against Turks wielding sticks and knives on the cruise liner Mavi Marmara....
- Jim Dunnam in Washington Post (blog)
This is pure hypocrisy, but the worst part about it is, think how it falls on the ears in capitals of Europe and the rest of the world and Toyko when the president of the United States says under no condition will we talk to anybody like that, and... Joe Biden http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGfV3iqiFvyt3gg5wYE9YfDMOzy4Q NPR http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php%3FstoryId%3D88181202&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG4_4VgwMlpCcuZ4cr0ntzBYTMNIg Mar 26, 2008
49095 66672 hypocrisy To spend so much while asking state agencies to spend less, Dunnam said, is just rank hypocrisy."