hunchback : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an abnormal backward curve to the vertebral column
- n a person whose back is hunched because of abnormal curvature of the upper spine
- He warms up his luck by rubbing a blackamoor's head, a hunchback's shoulder, the lapels of his own loud clothing.
- Superstitious, he liked always to have a hunchback friend nearby when he raced, for good luck.
- When the hunchback goes away to war, love for each other overcomes pity and discretion in the wife and brother.
News & Articles
- Emmys: 'House of Cards' star Corey Stoll - 'I know what it's like to be out of control'
By Tim Molloy NEW YORK (TheWrap.com) - Corey Stoll said one of the turning points in his life came when he was a "morbidly obese" teenager, trying to choose roles for an acting showcase at his high school. "Someone said, ‘How about the Elephant Man? How about the Hunchback of Notre Dame?'" Stoll told TheWrap. "I mean, these are amazing roles, but are these the only roles I'm good for?" Shedding ...
June 25, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Ugliest Dog a Hunchback Mutt Named Walle
A hunchback mutt from Chico named Walle beat out 29 other competitors on Friday to win the "World's Ugliest Dog" title at the Sonoma-Marin Fair in Petaluma. Photo Credit: Getty Images
June 22, 2013 - NBC Bay Area
- Mutt wins 'Ugliest Dog' contest at Sonoma-Marin fair
A hunchback mutt from Chico beat out 29 other competitors to win the "World's Ugliest Dog" title at the Sonoma-Marin Fair.
June 22, 2013 - KGO-TV Bay Area
- Ozzy Osbourne in CNN
I was wiped out on pills,Osbourne told the newspaper. "I couldn't talk. I couldn't walk. I could barely stand up. I was lumbering about like the Hunchback of Notre Dame. It got to the point where I was scared to close my eyes at night...
- Rio Ferdinand in New York Times
The day after a game I would waddle into the club like a duck, bent over like an old hunchback,Ferdinand said. "I would be hobbling around, unable to train for four or five days. I would be OK to play the next game, but I must have missed...