- n a tight or amorous embrace
come here and give me a big hug
- v squeeze (someone) tightly in your arms, usually with fondness
He hugged her close to him
- v fit closely or tightly
The dress hugged her hips
- If White House etiquette is any indication, you should be getting a random hug soon.
- But then George added, "How about a hug?" The astonished Dotson and Webb declined.
- It can again with the Hug Shirt, a high-tech garment that simulates the experience of being embraced by a loved one.
News & Articles
- LACMA Art+Film Gala To Honor Martin Scorsese, David Hockney
Snagging Scorsese as an honoree for its benefit represents a very public hug between the museum and the director, who once criticized LACMA's handling of its film programming. read more
June 17, 2013 - The Hollywood Reporter
- Bindi Irwin Says ‘Go Hug Your Loved Ones’ After Death Hoax
If you’ve been on the internet this week you probably heard that Bindi Irwin, the daughter of the late great Steve Irwin, died. But don’t worry, there wasn’t any truth to the rumor. The young animal activist has been hanging out on the Great Barrier Reef with the Wildlife Warriors. The internet is a common... Read more » Bindi Irwin Says ‘Go Hug Your Loved Ones’ After Death Hoax is a post from ...
June 16, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Newsmaker: Gabriela Hug
By Debra Erdley, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review Gabriela Hug Noteworthy: Recently named Outstanding Young Engineer by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers’ Power and Energy Society. Residence: Upper St. Clair Age: ...
June 15, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News
- Jon Stewart in FOXNews
Does this town need a hug? What happened? `No Country For Old Men,' `Sweeney Todd,' `There Will Be Blood?' All I can say is, thank God for teen pregnancy. I think the country agrees,Stewart said, referring to best-picture nominee "Juno."
- Gary Busey in USA Today
I simply greeted both actresses with joy and open arms, which is the way I would greet anyone I'm happy to meet,Busey said. "Everyone has experienced a handshake or hug which has turned awkward, and this was no different."
- Raul Chavez in FOXNews
I bring a salute, a hug for all Venezuelans from the Cuban people and from the leader of the revolution, comrade Fidel Castro,Raul said.