hryvnia : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the basic unit of money in Ukraine
- Ukraine's currency, the hryvnia, has lost about 35% of its value against the dollar and euro since the start of the downturn, a change that experts say is likely to boost the .
- With a number of banks already under the administration of the National Bank, worried citizens have drained over 20% of hryvnia deposits since November.
- Ukraine's Interior Minister, where the country's currency, the hryvnia, has lost about 40% of its value against the dollar, boosting Ukraine's growing tourism sector.
- Vladimir Putin in AFP
The European Union has not given money to Ukraine,Putin said. "Not a single cent, not a single hryvnia."
- Yulia Tymoshenko in Kyiv Post
When every kopeck is accounted for, when every hryvnia is critical to act against the world financial crisis, spending half a billion hryvnias on a reckless election is nothing other than acting against the national interest,Tymoshenko said...