- v start (a car engine) without a key by bypassing the ignition interlock
The woman who lost the car keys had to hot-wire her van
- How did you steal it? Did you hot-wire it? I don't remember.
- The pet cemetery is adorned with fire-hydrant and dog-biscuit tombstones, and the community unites to hot-wire the dead-again pooch.
- Liang chose the cab, a ramshackle Lada he must hot-wire each time he starts it.
News & Articles
- Duo tries to hot-wire own car, calls for tow after stealing from vehicles
NORTH RIDGEVILLE – A pair of men suspected of up to a dozen vehicle break-ins might have gotten away with it had they not lost their own car keys, police said. Police arrested Ryan Casper, 21, of Lorain, and Andrew Krugman, 21, of Elyria, shortly after 11 a.m. Tuesday when a Clear Creek Drive resident Read More... The post Duo tries to hot-wire own car, calls for tow after stealing from vehicles ...
Sept. 3, 2013 - The Chronicle-Telegram
- Baumeister in New York Times
The new research "doesn't prove that consciousness never does anything," wrote Roy Baumeister, a professor of psychology at Florida State University, in an e-mail message. "It's rather like showing you can hot-wire a car to start the ignition...
- St Ambrose in The Age
We broke an alternator wire - broke the earth wire that connected the alternator to the dashboard light, so we had to hot-wire it just for that session,Ambrose said. "We lost the first 15 minutes of the two-hour session but we were able to...