- a pulled by a horse
a horse-drawn carriage
- After an overnight vigil, Diana's body began the slow journey on a horse-drawn gun carriage to Westminster Abbey.
- With its narrow, winding roads dotted with horse-drawn buggies and signs for homemade quilts, candles, jams and jellies, Pennsylvania's Amish country in Lancaster County attracts .
- In Philadelphia, bodies lay uncollected for days, until horse-drawn carriages were sent through the streets and the call came for the living to bring out their dead.
News & Articles
- Firefighters’ new tower truck will reach 100 feet
MASON CITY — The Mason City Fire Department followed a tradition dating back to the days of horse-drawn fire engines as about a dozen firefighters pushed their new aerial firetruck into the station on Friday morning after a blessing by the Rev. Ken Gehling.
June 21, 2013 - The Globe Gazette
- New engine for SMFD
By From Staff Reports With a mighty heave — and help from its motor — the San Marcos Fire Department’s newest fire engine was pushed into its home at Station 1 Monday. Firefighters, city staff, and city council members participated in the vehicle’s pushing in ceremony, a tradition that dates back to the days when new horse-drawn fire engines would be unhooked from the team delivering them and ...
June 20, 2013 - San Marcos Daily Record
- Horse-drawn wagons to pass through Dexter
Dexter will take a step back in time on June 21 when the 2013 Friendship Wagon Train rides through town. Rain or shine, a group of horse-drawn wagons carrying about 100 people are traveling at 3 1?2 miles per hour from one town to the next for one week. The wagon train, which rides through [...]
June 17, 2013 - Austin Daily Herald
- Martha Stewart in USA Today
As evidenced by this catastrophe,Stewart wrote in the letter, dated Tuesday, "horse-drawn carriages aren't just cruel to the horses who are forced to work long hours in extreme weather conditions while walking on hard pavement and inhaling...
- Tony Avella in Reuters UK
It's just not a natural thing to have a horse-drawn carriage in an urban setting like New York City,said Avella, whose ban is supported by a variety of animal rights groups.
- Terry Gilliam in Liverpool Daily Post
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus is "a tragical, magical idea, which sees a group of extraordinary people travelling around London in a horse-drawn theatre, but nobody's paying attention to them," says former Monty Python star Gilliam.