- s having the frame made of horn or tortoise shell or plastic that simulates either
- Although he dressed like a bureaucrat, in dark suits, bow ties and round horn-rimmed glasses, he was really an artist (he was an accomplished painter and sculptor).
- After four years of one of the most celebrated show-business marriages since Tom Thumb's, it was all but over between the panduriform actress and the handsome, horn-rimmed .
- Then last Sunday's Orchestra Hall audience craned their necks, watched a young man with horn-rimmed spectacles being led to a piano on the stage.
- Lois Maxwell in AFP
In a 2005 interview, Maxwell said she insisted when she took on the role that she be allowed to give Moneypenny a "background" and that Bond director Terence Young not "put my hair in a bun and horn-rimmed glasses on me."
- Jack Coleman in Chicago Tribune
Who this guy is: "As soon as I saw myself put on the giant horn-rimmed glasses, it was very scary -I looked like my dad, circa 1968," Coleman said in an interview on NBC's press site. "I see my character as someone who could be either good or...
- Jon Favreau in Superherohype.com
Then, all of a sudden, the director, Jon Favreau says, "Wait! I've got an idea! Give Stan a pair of horn-rimmed glasses and suspenders."