- r in a hopeless manner
the papers were hopelessly jumbled
he is hopelessly romantic
- r in a dispirited manner without hope
- r without hope; desperate because there seems no possibility of comfort or success
he hung his head hopelessly
`I must die,' he said hopelessly
- What was once hopelessly geeky--video games, fantasy novels, science fiction, superheroes--has now, somehow, become cool.
- Of all the conflicts in the world, the one that seems the most tediously and hopelessly endless is the Arab-Israeli dispute, which has been going on in much the same way, it seems .
- Its politics are hopelessly corrupt.
News & Articles
- Out of date, looking to save Face(book)
I can tell I’m hopelessly out of date ,based on my lack of social media presence. I’m pretty sure the only two people on this planet not on Facebook are me and Sakishtar, a 109 year-old Buddhist monk in a remote, primitive southern Indonesian village. (He is however, on Twitter).
June 19, 2013 - The Daily Sentinel
- The Trajectory of Television—Internet rebellion and hardware renaissance
Today, the state of television is hopelessly embattled and better than ever.
June 19, 2013 - Ars Technica
- Samsung analysts ask hard questions as S4 marketing charm wears off
By Miyoung Kim SEOUL (Reuters) - Analysts fell under Samsung Electronics Co Ltd's marketing spell when they made what they now admit were hopelessly optimistic forecasts for its smartphone sales. Samsung's huge share of the high-end smartphone market also persuaded some analysts to downplay industry data pointing to a fast-saturating segment, a reality that is already eating into sales of Apple ...
June 16, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Keith Erickson in The Associated Press
He believed in hopelessly out-of-date stuff that never did anything but win championships,Erickson said. "There's never been a finer man in American sports than John Wooden."
- Ted Olson in International Herald Tribune
Reporters, editors, publishers and their lawyers cannot with assurance articulate the rules governing confidentiality because legal standards are hopelessly muddled,said Ted Olson, a former solicitor general in the Bush administration who is...
- Vladimir Putin in MLive.com
The world is indeed changing before our eyes. Countries that yesterday seemed hopelessly behind are today the fastest growing economies of the world,Putin told a gathering of business leaders and government officials at an economic forum in...