hop : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of hopping; jumping upward or forward (especially on one foot)
- n twining perennials having cordate leaves and flowers arranged in conelike spikes; the dried flowers of this plant are used in brewing to add the characteristic bitter taste to beer
- n an informal dance where popular music is played
- v jump lightly
- v move quickly from one place to another
- v travel by means of an aircraft, bus, etc.
She hopped a train to Chicago
He hopped rides all over the country
- v traverse as if by a short airplane trip
- v jump across
He hopped the bush
- v make a jump forward or upward
- To a zoologist, the leap of the grasshopper is one of the wonders of the world.
- Young Arabs are turning to hip-hop to express their feelings about conflicts in the Middle East.
- Like many suburban kids, he developed a passion for hip-hop that was only enhanced by his awareness that the genre often romanticized bad behavior.
- Al Sharpton in FOXNews
He made soul music a world music,Sharpton said. "What James Brown was to music in terms of soul and hip-hop, rap, all of that, is what Bach was to classical music. This is a guy who literally changed the music industry. He put everybody on...
- Bertrand Piccard in The Hindu
The goal of the project is to have a solar-powered plane flying day and night without fuel,said team co-founder Bertrand Piccard, adding that this test flight "the third major step after its first 'flea hop' and an extended flight earlier...
- David Banner in Ninemsn
If by some stroke of the pen hip-hop was silenced, the issues would still be present in our communities,rapper and record producer David Banner, whose real name is Levell Crump, said in a prepared statements to a House Energy and Commerce...