honeypot : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n South African shrub whose flowers when open are cup-shaped resembling artichokes
- For those who want to connect or reconnect with others, social-networking sites are a huge, glorious honeypot.
- A honeypot for newsbees, an inspiration to fictioneers, the Military Intelligence Division collects, analyzes and supplies military information to the rest of the Army.
- Navy Seabees were bus ily installing a saltwater conversion plant which would ease the perennial water shortage, thus doing away with the "honeypot" latrines that have created a .
News & Articles
- Comcast Threatens TorrentFreak For Posting Public Court Document
Despite being part of public court proceedings, Comcast sent a notice of infringement ordering Torrent Freak to stop hosting a letter linking a subscriber to Prenda Law. From the article: "Comcast has sent TorrentFreak a cease and desist letter, claiming copyright over contents of an article which revealed that Prenda Law was involved in operating a pirate honeypot. Failure to comply will result ...
Aug. 21, 2013 - Slashdot
- Comcast Allegedly Confirms That Prenda Planted Porn Torrents
lightbox32 writes "Porn-trolling operation Prenda Law sued thousands for illegally downloading porn files over BitTorrent. Now, a new document from Comcast appears to confirm suspicions that it was actually Prenda mastermind John Steele who uploaded those files. The allegations about uploading porn to The Pirate Bay to create a 'honeypot' to lure downloaders first became public in June, when an ...
Aug. 20, 2013 - Slashdot
- Copyright troll honeypots spotted on The Pirate Bay
People surfing for media files on The Pirate Bay download site would be well-advised to heed the words of Admiral Ackbar from Return of the Jedi : It’s a trap ! Some pretty strong evidence has come to light that one of the most notorious copyright troll operations in the U.S. targeted The Pirate Bay with a honeypot operation, a trap set to detect unauthorized use of copyrighted files. According ...
Aug. 16, 2013 - PC World
- Sir Richard Dannatt in Financial Times
We spread our small resources thinly and that inevitably made the small number of British soldiers like flies in a honeypot and we got into this cycle of fighting,said General Sir Richard Dannatt, the former army chief.
- John F Kennedy in Forbes
I think the legislative auditor has kicked over somebody's honeypot here,said state Treasurer John Kennedy, a board member.
- Peter Costello in The Canberra Times
Mr Costello told Parliament, "The Labor Party, like bears to a honeypot, have got their paws into this and once they develop a taste for that honey there will be no going back."