- n a primate of the family Hominidae
- s characterizing the family Hominidae, which includes Homo sapiens as well as extinct species of manlike creatures
- A detailed scientific study of the Laetoli hominid fossils confirmed that they belonged to a new hominid species, best represented by the 3.
- Paleoanthropologists uncover the remains of a strapping hominid The find initially seemed unimpressive.
- But which side of the chimp-hominid split Orrorin occupies can be determined only by further analyses and new finds.
News & Articles
- The Hunt for the Prehistoric Roots of Cancer
When you search the archives for the first known case of human cancer you come across the story of a prehistoric hominid called Kanam Man. The only remains that have been found of this relative of Homo sapiens is a petrified jawbone, and inside the curve of the tooth line is a large lump that many scientists believe to be osteosarcoma, a cancer of the bone. The Kanam jaw, discovered in Kenya in ...
June 24, 2013 - Discover
- Zeresenay Alemseged in Xinhua
The finding is the most complete hominid skeleton ever found in the world,Zeresenay Alemseged, head of the Paleoanthropological Research Team, told a news conference.
- Haile Selassie in BBC News
The discovery of 12 early hominid fossil specimens estimated to be between 3.8 and 4 million years old will be important in terms of understanding the early phases of human evolution before Lucy,Yohannes Haile Selassie told a news conference.
- William Saletan in WEBCommentary
Saletan writes, "Imagine that: a hominid brain network you can treat like a lab animal because it is a lab animal."