- n any of various plants of the genus Althaea; similar to but having smaller flowers than genus Alcea
- n any of various tall plants of the genus Alcea; native to the Middle East but widely naturalized and cultivated for its very large variously colored flowers
- To approximate the colors with which pious artisans glorified God at Chartres and Poitiers, Artist Saint has cooked up messes of egg-yolk, hollyhock, calendula and portulaca.
- Is a motorcar 1) a bag of potatoes, 2) a hollyhock, 3) a flying cloud, 4) the sound of the sea? That these questions are likely to be received with awe instead of derision is .
- The thermal now comes in wool, rayon, Dacron, Creslan and Acrilan, as well as the popular cotton, and in shades like curry, persimmon, melon, hollyhock, sand and avocado.