- s deep and harsh sounding as if from shouting or illness or emotion
- Then came the hoarse little housepainter, the rise of the Third Reich, the triumph of Nazi ideology.
- Crossing a river flanked by candle-lit shrines, I heard a man yelling, hoarse and shrill, in a mix of Spanish and a bizarre form of English.
- But his face was haggard and furrowed, his voice hoarse.
News & Articles
- Hope on the football field
OGDEN — Sometimes football drills bring out the drill sergeant in a coach, with the accompanying red face, bulging eyes and hoarse hollering, but when everything is lined up right, it can be all smiles. read more
June 17, 2013 - Standard-Examiner
- 7A champs pass chemistry test
Bentonville Coach Kristina Henry insisted she wasn’t sick — she was just a little hoarse, she said — the week after leading the Tigers to a Class 7A girls state soccer championship.
June 16, 2013 - Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
- Barack Obama in Reuters India
My voice is a little hoarse, my eyes are a little bleary, my back is a little sore, but my spirit is strong,Obama said the day after Clinton won narrowly in New Hampshire despite opinion polls before the vote showing she trailed Obama by...
- Najib Razak in New York Times
We can provide them stadiums where they can shout themselves hoarse till dawn, but don't cause disturbance in the streets,Mr. Najib said Sunday, according to the Malaysian news media.
- Joseph Estrada in AFP
I still do that from time to time,Estrada, 73, told AFP with a smile when asked about his singing. "But my voice gets hoarse."