- n a people living traditionally in mountain villages in southern China and adjacent areas of Vietnam and Laos and Thailand; many have emigrated to the United States
- n a language of uncertain affiliation spoken by the Hmong
- a of or related to the Hmong people or their language or their culture
News & Articles
- Hmong community gathers for fun day
OROVILLE -- Families, seniors and youth came to Riverbend Park for music, food, entertainment and fun Friday at the second yearly Hmong Family Fun Day.
June 15, 2013 - Oroville Mercury-Register
- Domestic violence resources for the Hmong Community
There are several resources available for anyone dealing with the problem of domestic violence in the Hmong community.
June 15, 2013 - WEAU Eau Claire
- Bill would give Hmong-American vets burial rights
JUNEAU, Alaska—U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski is sponsoring legislation that would allow Hmong-American veterans who served in covert operations in Vietnam to be buried in U.
June 13, 2013 - Pioneer Press
- Norm Coleman in USA Today
Hmong refugees, who dedicated their service to America during the Vietnam War, have looked to the US as a place of hope and a sanctuary from persecution,Coleman said in a statement.
- Jon Kyl in Kansas City Star
Everyone agrees that groups such as the Hmong should not be barred from the United States,Kyl said. "But I would venture that we would also all agree that we should not extend immigration waiver authority to members of Hamas and al-Qaida."
- Terry Nichols in Minneapolis Star Tribune (subscription)
O'Neill testified that Nichols said he had hunted in the same area before, then remarked the Hmong are "bad. The Hmong shoot at anything and they are mean."