- s designed for or consisting of a brief attack followed by a quick escape
- s involving a driver of a motor vehicle who leaves the scene of an accident
- But at the same time, the number of hit-and-run incidents caused by intoxicated drivers rose by 8%.
News & Articles
- Man charged with Monday hit-and-run that seriously injured woman, grandson
A Chicago man was charged with a hit-and-run accident in the West Englewood neighborhood Monday evening that left a 65-year-old woman and her grandson with life-threatening injuries. Devonte Scott, 21, was behind the wheel of a teal-colored Pontiac Montana minivan when he mowed down the woman and her 14-year-old grandson as they walked across the street in the 6400 block of South Paulina Avenue ...
June 12, 2013 - Chicago Sun-Times
- Hit-and-run victim talks to WISN 12 News about what he remembers
The victim of a hit-and-run crash last month talks to WISN 12 News about what happened and what he remembers.
June 10, 2013 - WISN 12 Milwaukee
- Hit-and-run crash triggered Kennedy Expressway crash, shutdown
A hit-and-run crash triggered the partial shutdown of the Kennedy Expressway near downtown Chicago on Saturday night, police said. Among the 14 injured were two people described as seriously injured and “a small child,” also seriously hurt, authorities said. About 8:30 p.m., a church van from Milwaukee was travelling on the northbound Kennedy, driving in the left-center lane. Another vehicle ...
June 9, 2013 - Chicago Sun-Times
- Lyle Overbay in SI.com
I was trying to speed up the game,Overbay joked. "I get to go down in history. They can't take that away from me. It's not smart to hit a line drive on a hit-and-run. Only bad things can happen."
- Jose Guillen in USA Today
If you hit .210, .230 and you can't execute, I don't think you should be out there,Guillen said. "When you can't bunt, hit-and-run, squeeze and move the guy over, you better hit 40 home runs and drive in 140. : Somebody has to change...
- Luke Hochevar in Kansas City Star
I can't afford to give him free passes,Hochevar said, "especially with (Jamey) Carroll hitting behind him. Carroll is a good hit-and-run guy who doesn't strike out a lot. They hit-and-ran a couple of times, and Sizemore stole a bag. To win...