historicism : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a theory that social and cultural events are determined by history
- But the entire film is less an exercise in historicism (though the portrait of the painter is accurate enough, as is the depiction of historical events, the story is pure fiction .
- Downfall is not an exercise in idle, sensational historicism; it is a permanent parable about the human condition, how thin the line is between reason and the kind of madness true .
- Having played regularly with Wynton Marsalis, the pianist shares with his former bandleader a taste for pedagogy, historicism and sheer ambition.
- Rem Koolhaas in International Herald Tribune
The Dutch architect Rem Koolhaas, who said he had been following the building's fate with interest, said of the castle project: "I think that's a painful part of it - that most historicism is realized at the expense of history."