- a having hips; or having hips as specified (usually in combination)
- a (of a roof) sloping on all sides
a hipped roof has sloping ends rather than gables
- That potential is personified by Carter Rutherford (John Krasinski) who has it all: he's a war hero, a snake-hipped runner and cute as all get out.
- No diet-disciplined Hollywood beauty, the great-hipped, heavy-stomached Venus lies on a violet couch while a Cupid crowns her with flowers, and a boyish nobleman serenades her .
- But his placid, broad-hipped, female torsos, mountainously solid, yet so graceful that they seem about to move, have been the envy and despair of fellow sculptors all over the .
News & Articles
- Pharrell Performs ‘Happy’ from ‘Despicable Me 2? Soundtrack on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’
*Props to Kevin Stuckey, who’s doing PR for the super funny family flick “Despicable Me 2,” hipped us to Pharrell Williams‘ performance of a little ditty from the soundtrack of the film called “Happy.” He performed it last night on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” at the El Rey theater. By the way, “Despicable Me 2? arrives [...]
June 27, 2013 - EURweb
- Pauline Kael in Sydney Morning Herald
The New Yorker's film critic Pauline Kael, in her review of Planet of the Apes in 1968, wrote: "All this wouldn't be so forceful or so funny if it weren't for the use of Charlton Heston in the [leading] role. With his perfect, lean-hipped, powerful...
- John Waters in International Herald Tribune
As John Waters said in his missive to voters about "Cry-Baby," a best-musical nominee based on his cinematic celebration of 1950s youth flicks: "We got swivel-hipped juvenile delinquents, teenage sexpot harlots, good girls who want to be bad, prison...
- Michael Savage in Media Matters for America
Summary: Discussing the California wildfires, Michael Savage said: "The Smokeys that are running around with .45's on their hips, the mean-faced, clipped-haired, fat-hipped women, would consult a 75-page manual and have to call Denver and get an...