hightail : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v leave as fast as possible
We hightailed it when we saw the police walking in
- Catch-us-if-you-can Brits hightail across Nevada at supersonic speed narrowly missing a record And the Redskins beat the Cowboys while the Indians fall to Baltimore .
- They climb back aboard their $36,000 motor home and hightail it out of there, accompanied by their anxious spouses (Loretta Swit and Lara Parker) and a nervous dog (Ginger) and .
- The Americans will then set up a government that is representative of the Iraqi people and hightail it out of there.
- Michael Ignatieff in Globe and Mail
First they said Huntsville and then said 'oops, Huntsville's too small and there are too many flies, let's hightail it down to Toronto.' This is the confusion we are talking about,Mr. Ignatieff said.