hew : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v make or shape as with an axe
hew out a path in the rock
- v strike with an axe; cut down, strike
hew an oak
- After all, hew as only 8.
News & Articles
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Comfortable With Surveillance
There is a lot of hew and cry over the leaked National Security Agency program to track phone call and Internet searches. But even privacy advocates and companies who try to help people cover their digital footprints acknowledge it is almost impossible to disconnect from the grid, and that the benefits potentially outweigh their concerns.
June 12, 2013 - NPR
- Martin Luther King in FOXNews
Before repeating the"Let freedom ring"refrain, King told the crowd,"We will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope."
- Michael Spencer in Reuters
Post-trade services are an area where risk management allied with technology innovation is creating exciting hew high-growth opportunities for ICAP,Chief Executive Michael Spencer said in a statement.
- Renato Corona in Manila Bulletin
There's a divinity that shapes our ends, Rough-hew them how we will,Corona said, quoting a famous line from Shakespeare's "Hamlet."