hesitate : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v pause or hold back in uncertainty or unwillingness
Authorities hesitate to quote exact figures
- v interrupt temporarily an activity before continuing
- A senior federal law enforcement official told PTI that the paralyzed and often lax House ethics committee has created a vacuum that prosecutors won't hesitate to fill.
- He didn't hesitate to tell President Obama that he needed more troops in Afghanistan, and won an additional 21,000 troops to aid more than 35,000 already there.
- He is passionate about Egypt and its antiquities and doesn't hesitate to use words like magical, thrilling and marvelous when describing his discoveries in the Valley of the Golden .
News & Articles
- 9 Ways to Negotiate the Salary You Want
Money can be a highly sensitive topic to discuss in any context, but even more so during the interview process. With a quality job on the line, you may hesitate to press a hard bargain for the salary you want.
June 12, 2013 - U.S.News & World Report LP via Yahoo! News
- Translating Success: Las Crucen helps Los Angeles Dodgers star
LAS CRUCES -- The initial interaction with Tim Bravo, by phone one evening, was short, yet fitting. He would simply hesitate, before saying softly, "I can't talk right now.
June 12, 2013 - Carlsbad Current-Argus
- Blackhawks third line in rut... enough Saad
CHICAGO — Brandon Saad didn’t hesitate when asked whether he needs more offensive production for the Blackhawks. “You always want to produce,” he said after Monday’s optional practice at the United Center. “Especially being an offensive forward, that’s something you want to do. There’s still time.” And there’s no time like the Stanley Cup Final to find a spark.
June 11, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Barack Obama in USA Today
In his remarks at the Naval Air Station, Obama said he will "never hesitate to use force to protect the American people or our vital interests."
- Sarah Palin in Belfast Telegraph
I didn't hesitate, no,Mrs Palin said. "I answered him yes, because I have the confidence in that readiness and knowing that you can't blink. You have to be wired in a way of being so committed to the mission, the mission that we're on,...
- Doc Rivers in NBA.com
He took a million of those shots this summer, and he didn't hesitate,Rivers said. "That was my favorite play for him."