- a relating to or involving or causing hemolysis
- Last week, in Atlanta's rambling Piedmont Hospital, Gene Talmadge grew terribly illhe was suffering from hemolytic jaundice and cirrhosis of the liver.
- Penicillin (sometimes rhymes with villain, sometimes with whistle in) is the best treatment for all staphylococcic infections, all hemolytic streptococcic infections, clostridia .
- Up to 5% of all people with O157 infection develop a kidney condition known as hemolytic uremic syndrome; up to 5% of all HUS cases are fatal.
News & Articles
- North Georgia girl, 4, battles rare kidney syndrome
Amber De Vaux Madaris had never heard of hemolytic uremic syndrome, a rare consequence of food poisoning that is the single biggest cause of acute kidney failure in children.
Sept. 27, 2013 - Chattanooga Times Free Press
- Home Dialysis at Age 18
18-year old Elise Atkins kidneys have failed thanks to A-typical Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome. After traveling to Celina for dialysis treatments, she realized that was not what she wanted to do every week. An alternative option ... home dialysis.
Sept. 27, 2013 - Your Hometown Lima Stations