- n a localized swelling filled with blood
- Richardson's fatal injury was an epidural hematoma.
- Richardson died of an epidural hematoma, an accumulation of blood between the skull and dura, the tough tissue covering the brain.
- Blumenson speculates that a subdural hematoma (a blood clot in the brain) suffered during a polo match may have caused his occasionally unbalanced behavior.
News & Articles
- Mark Hunt to have multiple surgeries on left leg
03:36 PM ET 06.10 | UFC heavyweight contender Mark Hunt announced he will have multiple operations on his left leg, because he has an infected hematoma in his left leg. Hunt is still dealing with a fractured right toe suffered in his UFC 160 fight against Junior dos Santos.
June 11, 2013 - Sports Illustrated
- Many Falls
Attorneys for Navarrez, who was 79 when he was admitted to San Marino in 2009, presented evidence that he fell nine times while at the facility in March and April of that year. He suffered a subdural hematoma, requiring surgery, after the last fall and later suffered a stroke.
June 6, 2013 - Metropolitan News-Enterprise
- Phil Liggett in KC Community News
For example, when Alexandre Vinokourov, one of the favorites to win entering the Tour, took a nasty spill in Stage Five, Liggett said, "And you can see that nasty hematoma on his right leg."
- Johan Bruyneel in SI.com
He returned to the team hospital at 11 pm "with stitches in his biceps and chin, and a big hematoma on his hip," director Johan Bruyneel told Versus' Craig Hummer. "I hope he can survive today. If he gets thru first hour and a half, I think...