helpless : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s lacking in or deprived of strength or power
lying ill and helpless
helpless with laughter
- s unable to function; without help
- s unable to manage independently
as helpless as a baby
- As helpless as ousted Finance Minister Inouye last week was ousted Foreign Minister Baron Shidehara, who looks as much like Theodore Roosevelt as a Japanese can and who has tried .
- The 40-second clip, which has become an Internet sensation, is a graphic testament to the protests' brutal suppression: Neda, searching the camera with helpless eyes, struggles for .
- The snarling soldiers posted as security are helpless against this crush of sweating humanity.
News & Articles
- “Landlords from Hell” Convicted of Being Landlords from Hell
As Tom Wolfe, paraphrasing Philip Roth, put it: “The imagination of the novelist lies helpless before what he knows he will read in tomorrow morning’s newspaper.” Or (in less weighty terms): You can’t make this stuff up. Here we have …
June 22, 2013 - WebProNews
- Marcia Davis: Keep snakes in check by being less attractive
Young birds, both in and out of the nest, are especially vulnerable to predators. People often react emotionally and take action when they witness an act of predation on a helpless young bird. Many a black rat snake has lost its head to a hoe or a shovel as a result.
June 22, 2013 - Knoxville News Sentinel
- Commentary: Leadership Education and a New Approach to Positive Youth Development
Parents often feel helpless when it comes to teen drugs and alcohol use. But prevention research over the past two decades has shown that by encouraging their kids to get involved in the community – either through school, houses of worship, sports, etc. – parents can change their kids’ ability to turn down drugs and alcohol.
June 21, 2013 - Join Together Online
- Todd McFarlane in Indian Express
Co-producer Todd McFarlane adds, "You've still got Dorothy trapped in an odd place, but she's much closer to the Ripley character from Alien than a helpless singing girl."
- Bill Nelson in Washington Post
There's nothing more horrifying than a parent standing there helpless and seeing their child backed over,said Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla., who helped develop the proposal with Sen. John Sununu, RN.H.
- Snoop Dogg in Peace FM Online
Snoop explains, "My daughter is the love of my life. When she'd lay in bed saying, 'My brain hurts', it bothered me so much. I felt helpless...... (But) she's the toughest little thing I've ever met, even with the needles."